February 12, 2015 by mrlahhh
It was an incredible night at The New Beginning with no less than three titles changing hands. One group came out on top though and reign supreme again over New Japan Pro Wrestling. Lets take a brief look at the results.
– Sho Tanaka def. Yohei Komatsu by submission
Tanaka unsurprisingly gains a victory using the Half-Boston crab to submit Komatsu.
– Tiger Mask & Mascara Dorada def. Captain New Japan & Manabu Nakanishi by pinfall*
Mascara Dorada counters a pin roll-up attempt by Captain New Japan to score a roll-up of his own for the victory. *Match changed from original card
– Rob Conway & Chase Owens def. Jushin Liger & Hiroyoshi Tenzan by pinfall
Conway hits Liger with an Ego Trip, followed by a piledriver from Owens for the NWA stars to pick up the win.
– Kota Ibushi def. Tomoaki Honma by pinfall
Match of the night for me. Honma shows strong offence but is ultimately overcome by Ibushi, who scores the pin after a corkscrew 450 splash.
– The Young Bucks def. reDragon & Timesplitters by pinfall to become new IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag-Team Champions
An absolute spot-fest; Matt & Nick give Kushida ‘More Bang for His Buck’ and win the titles. Title change #1.
– Kenny Omega def. Ryusuke Taguchi by pinfall and retains the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion
Omega looked every inch the champ but was made to work for his win, the arm-chainsaw featured and ultimately dispatched Taguchi with the One-Winged Angel. After the match, Mascara Dorada came down teasing a feud with Omega.
– Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba def. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi) by pinfall
Okada spent a bit of time on the backfoot, being punished by all 3 BC members. A stunning dropkick or two and The Rainmaker clothesline secured Okada a much needed win.
– Tetsuya Naito, Yuji Nagata & Satoshi Kojima def. Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI by pinfall*
Not the most interesting match for me, despite Nakamura’s presense. Makabe not present so Ishii rivalry off the table. Naito & YOSHI-HASHI could potentially feud after this, Naito gaining the win over Yoshi with a Phoenix splash.
– Bullet Club (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) def. Meiyu Tag (Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto) by pinfall to become the new IWGP Tag-Team Champions
WK9 rematch that was probably better than the original. Shibata looked good and will hopefully go onto singles again. Anderson hit Shibata with Gun Stun & then Magic Killer from Gallows/Anderson for the victory. Title change #2.
– AJ Styles def. Hiroshi Tanahashi by pinfall to become the new IWGP Heavyweight Champion
AJ avenges his King Of Pro Wrestling loss by beating Tanahashi. Tanahashi was bust wide open by an accidental clash of heads with Matt Jackson during a High Fly Flow that took out 10 members of Bullet Club. Styles eventually overcome with a Styles Clash.