May 17, 2021 by gorillapressonline
Wrestlemania Backlash was sponsored by Army of the Dead so it was only fitting that we got some Zombie action right? hmmmm. Well the Miz faced Damian Priest with Zombie Lumberjacks scattered around the ring, both men fought off the undead and the match culminated in The Miz being eaten alive in the centre of the ring by Zombies then…….nothing, no mention of it or anything. That kinda dampened the next match and disputed an otherwise excellent PPV.
History was made with the Myterios becoming the first father/son tag team champions and the rest of the card was great, The men’s triple threat over delivered, I wasn’t excited for that bout at all and it was match of the night.
Roman Reigns and Cesaro closed out the night and had an incredible story-filled match with no interference until after the bout was decided and even then it furthered the storyline immensely. Seth Rollins came out to the ring and faced off with the head of the table, as it looked like we would finally see the shield members collide he ran and ambushed Cesaro wrapping his arm in a steel chair and going to town on it. Hopefully we get some fallout of this leading into Hell In A Cell which has been moved to June from October.
I the zombie spot was on the pre show this would’ve been the PPV of the year, now onto the results.
- Pre Show: Sheamus Def. Ricochet
- RAW Women’s Championship: Rhea Ripley Def. Charlotte Flair & Asuka
- WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: Rey Mysterio & Dominik Mysterio Def. The Dirty Dawgs ( Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode)
- Zombie Lumberjack Match: Damian Priest Def. The Miz
- WWE Smackdown Women’s Championship Match: Bianca Belair Def. Bayley
- WWE Title Triple Threat: Bobby Lashley (w/ MVP) Def. Drew McIntyre & Braun Strowman
- WWE Universal Title Match: Roman Reigns (w Paul Heyman) Def. Cesaro